CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

How Far We've Come


Last night Dan and I slept over at my parents. It felt like old times, like when we were dating. Back then Dan practically lived at my house since his family was living in Argentina. Often times we would stay up late playing SkipBo and then cuddle on the couch while we watched Friends. Most of the time we would fall asleep in eachothers arms on accident and wake up in the early hours of the morning. Dan would have to roll over and sneak out so that he could go home and get ready for school. This morning felt like one of those mornings. But, this time it was different because when I rolled over to see my sweet husband sleeping on the couch, I rolled over to my pregnant belly, and a little baby kicking inside me. I lay there while Dan continued to sleep peacefully and thought to myself about how far we had come. Almost five years ago I met Dan at a Frat/Sorority Exchange. He was the first boy to come and say hello to me that night. Little did I know at that moment in time that he would later become my everything! He would become my first date, my first kiss, my first love, my husband, and the father of my children! It is so crazy to think that from one moment, one instant, your life can change forever and that it can change you in so many ways that you didn't even think were possible. I have loved the changes that have come into my life! The change from girlfriend to wife and from wife to mother have been among my favorites and are such a blessing! So, as I rolled over this morning to see the most beautiful things in my life right in front of my very eyes, I found myself grateful on this Thanksgiving day to be alive! I'm thankful for where I've been and where I'm going! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine myself at this point today. I wouldn't change it for the world! It has been a blessing and a dream come true! I love you my danny boy! I'm soooo grateful that you came into my life and that you have made me who I am today! You are my everything!

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog. Any extra way to keep up with you and Dan is so nice. You are getting so close to being done with this pregnancy. I can't wait to meet Jude (hopefully before we have to head back to Chicago). Love you guys.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am ridiculously emotional right now and seriously BAWLED while reading this post. I know exactly how you feel about your hubby and it's the greatest feeling in the world. Every once in a while I'll just sit back and watch Sean and Taylor play together and I'm just overwhelmingly grateful for the blessings in my life.

    Okay, I better stop before I start crying again. LOL.. Love you, Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete