Wednesday December 23rd was the best day of our lives! We welcomed Jude into our family! After being induced at 2 pm the previous day Dan and I sat in the hospital amazed that we were going to have our little guy here soon. It was a precious time for us as we awaited Jude's arrival. We were so excited to meet him! When we arrived I was given a pill that would help get things going and a little bit later given pitocin. My contractions came on really fast and hurt so bad. I held out as long as I could to get the epidural and finally I said, "Give me the drugs!" After getting the epidural I was in heaven and felt sooooo much better. At about 12 AM I had my water broken and was dilated to a 3. Things were moving slow. The doctor said that the baby would most likely come in the afternoon. So, Dan and I hung out, in and out of sleep. At 3:15 AM the nurse checked me and I was at 5 cm dilated. She still thought Jude would be delivered later in the day. Lying in bed I kept feeling a ton of pressure and I could see on the screen that was monitoring my contractions that they were going crazy. Then at 3:45 AM another nurse came in to check that she had the baby's heartrate and not mine because she wasn't getting a good reading with the monitor on my stomach. She then decided she needed to attach a monitor to the baby's head to get a more accurate reading. While she was doing that she discovered I was dilated to an 8. So in 30 minutes I had dilated 3 cm and Jude was on his way. Dan called our mom's and they raced to the hospital to be our support. I was so glad to have them there! Thank you mom, Shelly, and my love for all of your help! I couldn't have done it without you! At about 6:20 I began pushing. Then at around 7:15ish the nurse asked me to stop pushing because the doctor was almost there. Jude's head was crowning when she asked me to do that and I could've cared less who delivered me at that point. The pressure was unbelievable! Finally the doctor arrived and after about 3 pushes Jude was born. He came into the world at 7:45 AM on Wednesday Decemeber 23, 2009. He was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long. I can't even express the emotions I felt as my sweet little guy was laid across my chest. He was beautiful! I have never felt so much love flow through me in my entire life!!! It was amazing! Dan and I have loved having Jude in our lives and feel so blessed to have him for our son! Welcome sweet baby Jude! We love you!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Jude David Leatham
Wednesday December 23rd was the best day of our lives! We welcomed Jude into our family! After being induced at 2 pm the previous day Dan and I sat in the hospital amazed that we were going to have our little guy here soon. It was a precious time for us as we awaited Jude's arrival. We were so excited to meet him! When we arrived I was given a pill that would help get things going and a little bit later given pitocin. My contractions came on really fast and hurt so bad. I held out as long as I could to get the epidural and finally I said, "Give me the drugs!" After getting the epidural I was in heaven and felt sooooo much better. At about 12 AM I had my water broken and was dilated to a 3. Things were moving slow. The doctor said that the baby would most likely come in the afternoon. So, Dan and I hung out, in and out of sleep. At 3:15 AM the nurse checked me and I was at 5 cm dilated. She still thought Jude would be delivered later in the day. Lying in bed I kept feeling a ton of pressure and I could see on the screen that was monitoring my contractions that they were going crazy. Then at 3:45 AM another nurse came in to check that she had the baby's heartrate and not mine because she wasn't getting a good reading with the monitor on my stomach. She then decided she needed to attach a monitor to the baby's head to get a more accurate reading. While she was doing that she discovered I was dilated to an 8. So in 30 minutes I had dilated 3 cm and Jude was on his way. Dan called our mom's and they raced to the hospital to be our support. I was so glad to have them there! Thank you mom, Shelly, and my love for all of your help! I couldn't have done it without you! At about 6:20 I began pushing. Then at around 7:15ish the nurse asked me to stop pushing because the doctor was almost there. Jude's head was crowning when she asked me to do that and I could've cared less who delivered me at that point. The pressure was unbelievable! Finally the doctor arrived and after about 3 pushes Jude was born. He came into the world at 7:45 AM on Wednesday Decemeber 23, 2009. He was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long. I can't even express the emotions I felt as my sweet little guy was laid across my chest. He was beautiful! I have never felt so much love flow through me in my entire life!!! It was amazing! Dan and I have loved having Jude in our lives and feel so blessed to have him for our son! Welcome sweet baby Jude! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Oh Ashlee he's so precious! Congratulations! I hope you're getting some sleep. I love the name too. :)
ReplyDeleteGirl look at you! All gorgeous and just had a baby! He is adorable and his face is just so perfect....congrats! Glad that you guys got to celebrate Christmas and the New Year with him ;)
ReplyDelete